Heating Products in Massachusetts
One of the most important appliances that any homeowner living in New England has within their home is a central heating system. Your current heating system works tirelessly for many hours on end every fall, winter, and spring trying to keep your home at a constant comfortable temperature. Usually a heating appliance is checked and serviced only once a year and yet all that time it is expected to do its job flawlessly.
Add to this the challenge of providing ever increasing efficiency due to rising utility costs and the desire to go “green” and you end up placing very high expectations on your most valuable appliance. Berry Mechanical Services is proudly able to offer you a suite of heating products that promises to deliver the best available efficiency, reliability and heating comfort combined.
As you may know, central heating systems are broken down into two camps: forced hot air and forced hot water (hydronic) heat.
- Forced hot air systems use ductwork to deliver hot air that may be generated by either a fossil fuel fired furnace or an electric unit called a heat pump.
- Forced hot water systems use baseboards, radiators or radiant floor sections to deliver super hot water that is generated by a fossil fuel fired boiler.
There are also two combinations that are frequently used today to provide even greater flexibility and/or efficiency from your central heating system.
- Hydroair systems use a combination of the two with a boiler providing super hot water to a specialized hot water coil which in turn uses ductwork to deliver the heat.
- Hybrid systems use ductwork to deliver heat but the heat can be generated from both a fossil fuel fired furnace and a high efficiency electric heat pump.
Once you have identified how your current heating system delivers heat, you can then determine which of the product categories above makes the most sense for your needs.
Take comfort in knowing that no matter what type of system you currently have, Berry Mechanical's dedicated design consultants can help you determine what will be the best application for your home heating needs!
We are proud to offer the Knight Boiler series & Noble Combi boiler by Lochinvar, an American company that specializes in hydronic heating applications. The Knight Boiler is an Energy Star rated ultra-high efficiency condensing boiler that provides up to 95% efficiency lowering your existing heating bills by as much as 45%. This natural gas or propane fired boiler has a modulating burner assembly with up to a 10 to 1 turndown ratio. This means that the boiler can run as low as 10% capacity all the way back up to 100% capacity. An outdoor temperature sensor allows the boiler to “reset” itself for higher water temperatures when it's colder outside & lower water temperatures when it's warmer outside. No more wasteful overheating.
A primary and secondary Downfiring Stainless Steel heat exchanger extracts every possible bit of energy from the gas you burn. This weld-sealed assembly has no O-rings or gaskets that could fail years from now and Downfiring prevents the build-up of carbon deposits requiring expensive cleanings. The Knight Boiler has a partner Indirect Domestic Hot Water Storage Tank available called the Squire. It comes in a range of sizes, uses a stainless steel tank and heat exchanger, and demonstrates incredible recovery rates as hot water is consumedThe Noble Combi boiler shares many feature from the Knight boiler.
That said, it also provides for your domestic hot water needs internally via a tankless or on-demand assembly inside the cabinet. Unique fetures of the Noble Combi allow it to have piping hot water immediately avalable during high use times avoiding cold water "sandwiches" and extended wait time for hot water to arrive. The Knight and Noble Boilers are direct vent appliances using sealed combustion technology with dual vent pipes. This removes the need for a chimney and allows the boiler to be installed in confined space like a utility closet. The Knight Boiler is available in either Stand-Up or Wall-Mount arrangements while the Noble is wall mount only. Installation of your new Lochinvar Boiler can be completed in only one day!The Lochinvar Boilers and Squire Storage Tank may be eligible for aggressive high efficiency equipment utility rebates depending on who your fuel provider is. Please contact our Design Consultant to help you determine which Lochinvar Product will best suit your home heating & domestic hot water needs.
We are proud to offer the Viessann line of German engineered boilers and water heating products to our customers. With many decades of expereince building and innovating high efficiency products in Europe and America, the Viessmann line provides a premium option in our portfolio of boilers and water heaters.
The requisite titanium-stainless steel alloy heat exchangers used in their boilers are some of the most durable in the residential and commercial boiler market. All-stainless indirect domestic hot water tanks that can partner up with Viessmann boilers have also proven to be the most durable & reliable in the business. Modulating downfiring burners, direct vent combustion, outdoor reset control, 95% AFUE's, and industry leading warranty coverage are some highlights of Viessmann boilers.
Finally the Lambda Pro fuel management software with LCD interface screen on board always monitors for the best possible air to fuel mixture for maximum performance.If you are shopping industry leading German boiler technology for your next home heating and hot water solution, please contact our Design Consultant to help you determine which Viessmann products will best suit your needs.
Some homeowners who do not have access to fossil fuels may need to use electrically driven heating systems as an alternative. Also folks who have renewables like solar energy benefit from using electric heating. The most cost efficient way to use electricity to heat your home is via an air to air heat pump. This electric powered heating unit extracts latent heat energy from the atmosphere converting it to ducted heat inside your home in winter.
This same unit also provides you air conditioning in the summer by “reversing” automatically. The outdoor unit or condenser works in concert with an indoor unit called a coil or air handler to either heat or cool the air inside your home for year round comfort. Studies have shown that this type of heating system is more efficient than fossil fuel down to outdoor temperatures as low as 27°F.
- American Standard heat pumps can be combined with a gas, propane, or oil fired hot air furnace to give you a “hybrid” heating system for the ultimate in energy efficiency.
- A wrapped compressor and a variable speed fan provide quiet outdoor performance while variable speed blowers on the indoor air handler keeps things quiet inside.
- American Standard has the most durable outdoor cabinet in the industry ensuring excellent protection from harsh New England weather.
- New R410A refrigerant is standard for all equipment combinations.
- Unit heating efficiencies start at HSPF 7.7 and go as high as HSPF 10 . Higher HSPF means higher efficiency.
- Unit cooling efficiencies start at 13 SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating) and go as high as 21 SEER. Higher SEER means higher efficiency.
- Generous factory warranties on parts, coil, and compressor are available on all American Standard heat pump systems.
Please contact our Design Consultant to help you determine which American Standard heat pump will be right for you.